The B11 LMSS™, Licensed Machinery Safety Specialist, qualification is a five-module online training course setting out the key aspects of designing and implementing machinery safety solutions that comply with the B11 Machinery Safety Standards and Technical Reports. We will also cover when and where Lock Out Tag Out and Alternative Methods should be applied.
Upon successful completion of the course and licensing a B11 LMSS™ will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relevant legislation and regulation
- Understand the relevant machinery safety standards
- Manage and carry out machinery risk assessments
- Design a safe control system
- Select risk reduction measures
- Validate risk reduction measures
The B11 LMSS™ course requires a basic level of technical competence in order to attend. It is recommended, although not essential, that attendees have either two years’ experience in the field of machinery safety, or a formal technical qualification.
Cost: $2500 for the complete five module course.