Ensure Software Quality with SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM Advanced
SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM Advanced for Comprehensive Simulation: To achieve the highest level of software quality, functions should be simulated and tested during the configuration and engineering phase.
Simulating a fail-safe controller
PLCSIM Advanced allows comprehensive simulation of functions during configuration and engineering with STEP 7 (TIA Portal) without the need of physically connection to the S7-1500 / ET 200SP Hardware
It supports generating virtual controllers for simulating S7-1500 and ET 200SP Controllers to test their function.
The realistic testing procedures of the STEP 7 TIA Portal option allow early fault detection as well as fast validation of functions.
It is also possible to train operator staff as you can connect an HMI device or an HMI simulation to the virtual controller.
- High quality level of the automation project at an early state of work
- Faster commissioning time at the customers facility
- Shorter time-to-production
Features & Functions
- Fast start of S7-PLCSIM in compact mode and without a simulation project.
- Devices can be exchanged in the simulation project, so that existing SIM tables and sequence entries can continue to be used easily.
- Recordings of CPU traces can be imported as sequences.
- Sequences can be started automatically based on a trigger condition
- Sequences can be temporarily disabled.
- Distributed IO devices can be simulated in the device view